Friday 31 May 2013

Week 4: One More Article and Google Analytics

Article Writing

I wrote one more article this week titled, How to Predict the Future.  One thing about this article was pretty awesome.  I'm not sure where I shared it that got a lot of traffic in the first 5 minutes of sharing it, but within a few hours, I had over 100 views on that article!!! That is amazing!!!  The pace of the viewing hasn't really kept up and I'm trying really hard to find out where I shared it that I got so much traffic from.

I also hit another milestone on Infobarrel.  I managed to finish 10 articles and that is the minimum amount of Infobarrel allows its authors to start being able to use Google Analytics and Google Adwords!  This is great news as I can now track my traffic, understand a bit better where the users are coming from and hopefully find some information from the viewer characterisitics that can help me retain and drive new traffic.  I'm pretty content now that I have all these statistics at the palm of my hand.

Other Projects

As I mentioned last time, I've been working on a few side projects.  They are very niche sites and I've been using some keyword tools to help me get there.  The projects themselves aren't ready to launch yet, mostly they are my own experiments, but I'll share my tips and techniques with all you in my next post.

Until then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment