Saturday 11 May 2013

The First Two Weeks of my Online Article Writing Journey

I've been pretty busy these last few weeks.  I've knocked off a few more articles the 2nd week and my live articles on Infobarrel has increased to 8!!!  This is all while I have a full-time job and a pretty busy life too.  I'm pretty proud of myself for getting to this point, but I also feel that in trying to get the quantities of my articles higher so that I may qualify as a pre-approved author in Infobarrel that my articles have suffers in quality.  It's not to say that they are poorly written, its just that I'm also the kind of writer that needs more time to incubate things.  I love writing, but I also perhaps need to be in the right zone for it.  I'm certain that writing more will help me get more efficient at writing.

Since my last blog entry, I've written a few more articles, one of which is:

One Simple Way to Make your Dish Washing Experience More Comfortable



So far my articles has been about topics and genres from all over the map.  Essentially it was whatever I could come up with in a dime.  I did basic keyword research and that steered me in the right directions.  I'm tracking my page views and clicks, though without Google Analytics it's not a useful information (something that would change once Infobarrel gives me pre-approval status).

One thing I find rewarding is to write articles like this one where I can give tips on how to get something faster, more productive and safer.  Granted, at the end of the day I am trying to sell a product and get a commission for it on Amazon Associates, but I also think there should be some kind of reward for pointing a great tip out, if it means in the long run it can save time, save money, and increase health and wealth for the readership.  That's true synergy.


My article has been up for about a week now and it's earned (so far) about 59 cents.  I hope that keeps up.  So far, I think there's a few clicks on Amazon Associates, but no one has bought anything so far.


Check out my article on Infobarrel and if you're interested in experimenting this passive income stream with me, I encourage you to sign up at Infobarrel as well (I do get a referral fee of 2% on the ad revenues if you sign up through me).



No comments:

Post a Comment