Friday 3 May 2013

Week 1: Revenue Sharing Online Article writing

The first week was kind of a mess.  At first I couldn't come up with any ideas and then the more I started to write and the more I read, the more I came up with more ideas.  I wanted to write about movies, about door knobs, anything really.  And my articles so far have landed on things about health and are usually about individual items that have made an improvement in my life.

My very first post: Single Most Important Tip to Get a Good Night's Sleep was alright.

The article was approved in less than 2 hours!  And I was feeling feal good.  So I decided to write another article, eek out one more during a weeknight.  This was the article: Travelling to Machu Picchu - Dont Miss This!

So I was feeling good about myself at this point, but when that rejection email came, I must be honest that I was a little devastated.  I didn't expect that that would've been the response.  The response was this the denial was this:

"Article was less than 325 words which is a little shorter than what we prefer. Elaborate a little bit and bring your article up to 325 words before resubmitting ---"

So I had to then wait for another day, got home and beefed up my article.  The next day, Infobarrel staff approved it!

This is the view-count so far:

Single Most Important Tip to Get a Good Night's Sleep: 47 views
Travelling to Machu Picchu - Dont Miss This!: 19 views

Any tips on how to beef up readership?




No comments:

Post a Comment